All-in-one safety communications platform offers businesses faster, more effective emergency management and communication
(Charlotte, North Carolina), (July 26, 2019) – Punch Technologies, Inc. and Johnson Controls have finalized an agreement to bring an innovative safety communications platform to market. The platform, which can be integrated into businesses’ existing security systems, provides the opportunity to more easily and effectively communicate with employees, emergency responders and other surrounding businesses in the event of an emergency incident. Under the terms of the agreement, Johnson Controls will be the primary distributor of PunchAlert by Punch Technologies, Inc.
“Our partnership with Johnson Controls is a tremendous step forward and is an opportunity for us to partner with a global leader in safety,” said Greg Artzt, Co-founder and CEO of Punch Technologies, Inc. “We will build on this exciting relationship to deliver safety communications for a wide range of public and private enterprises, first responders, campuses, and communities.”
“In today’s always-evolving landscape of emergency events, it’s critical for businesses to have the necessary tools to easily and effectively communicate emergency plans and procedures with employees and building occupants,” said Hank Monaco, vice president, marketing, Johnson Controls. “This agreement is a continuation of Johnson Controls commitment to public safety by providing enterprises with a mechanism to report and react to emergencies and a means to further bolster security systems and safety procedures.”
PunchAlert, launched in 2014, has already gained traction in the United States and Canada with both public and private organizations. The PunchAlert platform is designed to continuously innovate and solve customer pain points based on insights gained from partnerships. Building on its portfolio of offerings, Punch Technologies, Inc. will also launch Rescue, the most advanced safety wearable ever, in the first quarter of 2020.
About Punch Technologies, Inc.
Charlotte, North Carolina-based software company that is striving to give every person the power to make the world a safer place for them, their families, and their communities through efficient and integrated safety communications technologies.
PunchAlert is a robust safety communications platform. PunchAlert provides organizations of all shapes and sizes an all in one emergency management and communications solution. PunchAlert provides the opportunity to communicate internally, crowdsource content, and involve local emergency responders while providing them with real-time information and manage all communications during an emergency situation. More importantly when building a community of safety PunchAlert exceeds expectations by keeping everyone safe, informed, and connected.
911+ is an integrated feature allowing a direct connection to a 911 operator and providing an accurate location to the 911 call center with your mobile phone. 911+ Connect leverages the 911+ feature allowing it to be integrated with all connected devices or applications using a simple, yet powerful API.
About Johnson Controls
Johnson Controls is a global leader creating a safe, comfortable and sustainable world. Our 105,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions and integrated infrastructure that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities in 150 countries. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win everywhere, every day and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Global Public Relations Program Manager, Johnson Controls
VP Community Engagement, PunchAlert
Ever since the initial launch of the PunchAlert platform, we have strived to integrate with the systems that our customers already had in place. That effort or commitment has not changed.
One area that we’ve never been able to focus on or promote, is Digital Signage. We’ve been asked about it many times, but the landscape wasn’t clear enough for us to really focus on and pursue. That recently changed. We were asked by an enterprise prospect, which ones (digital signage) we supported; and we offered up two. Those solutions/integrations were driven by our customers and the integrations were done by them as well.
We made a command decision to officially and formally partner with a Digital Signage company and offer the integration natively on the PunchAlert platform.
When we started reviewing the Digital Signage landscape, there were a few frontrunners, but none as elegant or easy to work with as Rise Vision (risevision.com). Several of our existing customers had hacked together solutions that worked for them, but we wanted to make it easier and, well, more integrated. So, we’ve done just that. We are very proud to announce our partnership and support for Rise Vision Digital Signage.
If you are in the market for a Digital Signage product, or maybe looking to upgrade your existing digital signage, we strongly encourage you to give Rise Vision a look and try it out; you will not be disappointed.
We all know that communication is critical in preparing, managing and successfully resolving any kind of crisis. This is especially the case during a Hurricane like Florence and Michael. Whether you have PunchAlert for your organization, are considering it, or using some other product, this post is intended to highlight the many ways a safety communications platform can be helpful before, during, and after a Hurricane. I will also emphasize how you, as an individual, can benefit from downloading the PunchAlert app for yourself and using it with your family and community to stay safe. So here we go:
— BEFORE —
For Your Organization
1. Create as much awareness as possible so people can get properly prepared. So use the Announcement module from the mobile app or web console (if you are an Announcement Admin) to send out announcements to all your employees, customers, students, parents, or general public about how your organization is preparing for the storm.
2. Leverage every channel: 1) Push notifications, 2) SMS, 3) Email, 4) Calls, 5) Social Media, 6) Website Widget, and other integrations to reach your audience wherever they are.
3. Remind folks to download PunchAlert and Follow your Organization (if they aren’t already a private member or public follower) to get your announcements and receive all the other benefits of the app during and after the storm (see below)
4. Make it a 2-way conversation by enabling comments so your target audience can post responses or questions through the PunchAlert app. Far too often mass notifications are sent, but then questions have no way of getting answered.
5. Keep sending announcements to remind people how to prepare for the storm, what to expect on your campus, when your organization will be open or closed, and anything else that might be helpful. You cannot over-communicate before a Hurricane, so now is the time to reach out.
For Yourself, Your Family and Community
1. Make sure you have the app downloaded, with 911+ enabled. Add your friends and family as emergency contacts so they can be notified if you call 911 including your exact location.
2. Explore all the organizations in your area that have PunchAlert communities and Follow them so you can get the updates you need.
3. Post Tips to an organization or publicly to be helpful to your surrounding your community. This can include notifying folks where gasoline, water, flashlights, or other supplies are available or out of stock.
— DURING —
For Your Organization
1. Press the red button to report an Emergency if you are on your organization’s property during the storm and conditions become very dangerous.
2. Use 911+ to call 911 and simultaneously alert your organization’s responders. Keep in mind that often during a storm 911 operators become overwhelmed with calls.
3. Notify official responders by escalating the emergency if your internal responders are unable to provide the necessary help. This is only available in certain cities, for example, in Charlotte, NC this would notify their Real-time Crime Center of your emergency (if they’ve agreed to monitor your organization). This would provide them with a real-time view to your location on property including 2-way communication capabilities.
4. Notify other groups within your organization or the general public of the emergency to then send mass emergency updates and crowdsource information throughout the emergency.
5. Monitor PunchAlert for Tips or Emergencies posted on your property.
6. Keep your public informed with periodic Announcements during the storm.
For Yourself, Your Family and Community
1. Call 911+ if you need help or on behalf of someone else in need.
2. Post Tips to the public around you to inform your neighbors if you have lost power, trees have fallen on your property, road hazards, or other information that could be helpful.
— AFTER —
For Your Organization
1. It’s cleanup time. Send out announcements to let everyone know the plan.
2. Encourage people to keep posting tips as they see hazards or other issues on property that require attention.
3. Monitor and Resolve open tips on your property as you get things cleaned up.
For Yourself, Your Family and Community
1. Keep posting Tips to your community or organizations around you as you see items that need attention.
2. Monitor PunchAlert for Tips and Announcements so you can stay informed and help out as needed.
Interested in learning more? Reach out for a demo at https://punchalert.com/contact-us/
— BEST OF LUCK AND STAY SAFE —
The PunchAlert Team
PunchAlert is helping more and more schools to unite their communications to minimize critical response time after threatening situations arise and to shutdown suspicious or dangerous indicators before they turn into real danger.
Providence Day School in Charlotte is using PunchAlert as a way to do just this.
Have you ever wondered, WHY… in this modern world of technology, when you can order pizza with a tap of your finger on your phone, or a driver, and a date for tonight and a myriad of other things, you can’t do the same thing when you are in danger or have an emergency? Why?
It seems common sense, and like it would be one of the first apps developed… but unfortunately due to an antiquated national emergency system called 911, it has been really hard for modern technology to work with the red tape an infrastructure that currently exists. PunchAlert however is finally bridging the gap between technology and safety and 911.
Enter, PunchAlert, a mobile app that allows you to report an emergency with the click of its red button, alerting the nearest responders of your emergency as well as your exact location. With PunchAlert’s 911+, you can call 911 and send your exact location, name, and phone number to the 911 call center all at the same time. This is AMAZING but it is not all that PunchAlert offers.
Yes, there are other safety apps that alert pre-designated contacts; however your safety contact may be miles away and unable to get to you quickly. So what is the best thing to do? Well, alert the good people that are the closest to you and at the same time alert the 911 system of your exact location via text message, and or audio and video of your situation. AMAZING! All those things can happen at the same time. Well punch alert does even more than that.
Let’s break this down though, feature by feature.
Instance 0 — Report a missing or found item
Your dog is missing and you need help finding him or perhaps it is your keys or wallet you dropped on your walk home.
Use PunchAlert to post a tip notifying those around you of your situation and what you lost. Once found, a message can be sent to you letting you know it has been found. COOL!
Instance 1 — Escalating situation
Your date does not want to go home and you can see there might be a problem.
You can use PunchAlert to request help from nearby neighbors or using 911+, call 911 but also notify your friends and family at the same time. Your nearby friends can act quickly until officials arrive.
Press a button in the PunchAlert app to let people near you know that you need help now. Your neighbor can see this instantly and come knock on your door to diffuse the situation and see your visitor out of your home. Way faster than texting your friend that lives 8 miles away and with less mess PSHEW!
Instance 2 — Accident and need immediate help
Your car runs off the road, down a hill, and into a raging river and you don’t know where you are.
Unfortunately this actually happened and has been an oft cited in reports. The trapped individual was able to call a 911 center but their location was never located. The individual drowned. Using PunchAlert’s 911+, you will not only be able to call directly to 911 but at the same time information giving your exact location, name, and phone number is sent to the 911 call center. In addition, you can alert your family and friends of your situation.
You say how does 911 not know where I am? Well it’s true, when you’re on your cell phone they have to locate you via cell towers to get your general vicinity but they don’t know your exact location. LIFESAVING APP!
Instance 3 — Active Threat
Say you see someone suspicious with an automatic rifle on your college campus or in a public space.
Many types of organizations are using PunchAlert to protect their campuses, their employees, member, and visitors. In the advent of an active shooter, using PunchAlert you can quickly press the red button, again giving your name, exact location- down to the room & building you are in, and the type of emergency to internal responders on campus. Internal responders will be able to quickly contact officials and all people located on campus and make them aware of the active threat as well as relay safety procedures and recommended evacuation routes. Through PunchAlert you can directly call a responder, post a picture or video, send a recording, or chat with responders to help everyone more quickly resolve the situation and save precious seconds and lives. COMMUNITY SAVING INVENTION!
PunchAlert is looking to keep you safe no matter where you are and regardless of the situation.